Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Who I Am

This seems to be something people rarely know right after High School. They don't know who they are, what they want to do, or what they are meant to do. I am definitely not an exception to this rule. I switch between outgoing and shy, talkative and silent, friendly and withdrawn. However, there are a few things that I know about myself. I'm very compassionate. I love people, animals, and sometimes I feel guilty for eating plants. I am also very self conscious, and have a tendancy to judge other people in order to feel better about myself. I notice other peoples weaknesses, so that mine appear to be smaller in comparison. "Wow, she's so fat....obviously my large thighs are inconspicous". Terrible, I know. I really should establish a self esteem one of these days. I also love to argue, something that has remained consistent through out my entire life. My first word was "why", which makes perfect sense, since I don't think i've ever responded to a request in any other way. Where some people find arguments upsetting, and experience emotional turmoil at the slightest disagreement, I love them and find them invigorating. I get incredibly frustrated when people are mad at me after a good discussion / argument, because I don't take things personally, and I feel that people should be able to discuss ideas on politics and religion without taking personal offence. The song that follows is one that I love, because I feel like it describes me perfectly. The artist even has a grandmother with the same name as mine! When I feel lost, or confused about who I am, I like to listen to this song, because it reminds me that I have qualities that will never change, regardless of where life takes me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh2qTnHdaH0&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment